Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/13/2003 3:24:34 AM EDT
I want to get a new Bushmaster 16" upper with b/c/h.  How does the price compare on build vs. buy?  Based on my rough calculations, it seems like it's  a wash.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 3:30:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say it all depends on what you want...I try to use BM barrrels and then use RRA for all to other parts....If you get used parts it is a whole lot cheaper.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#2]
It all depends on if you have the tools and experience/info to correctly assemble.

I buy their barrels and Do it myself. IMO, they have great barrels, if you like 1X9 twist.

646 gives good advise.

Regards,

Danny
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 5:44:32 AM EDT
[#4]

If you want all Bushmaster parts in the upper, it's no cheaper to buy it in pieces and do it yourself. Might as well just get it as a complete upper. Bushmaster doesn't give anyone a big price break on parts, even distributors.

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I built an M-4 upper using a bushy 14.5" 1-7 M4 barrel.  Bought all the other parts from other vendors.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:06:12 AM EDT
[#6]
My next will be a Bushy 20" govt profile barrel assy, eagle arms lower, (flat top upper, BC assy, lower parts, and A2 stock) are RRA.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:58:56 AM EDT
[#7]
You can actually save a few dollars by purchasing the upper and barrel assembly seperately from Bushmaster and taking advantage of their free gunsmithing.  They will attach the barrel to the upper for free.  

If I remember correctly, this would save you about $30 over the assembled upper.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:44:23 AM EDT
[#8]
giffmann - good tip.  Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top