Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2003 11:45:02 AM EDT
Consider quality of the kit, customer service, price and the function / accuracy of the rifle after completion.  Feel free to post any comments, please be specific about your likes and/or dislikes (without any company bashing ) Thanks,
L'man
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I just finished a M&A Parts build, their service was excellent, the quality of the upper and parts they sent was good, one thing I noticed is that it says that their uppers are head spaced and [b]test fired.[/b]  This is my first build so it is a little difficult to compare, one thing I noticed is that someone had said their kit from another supplier had a blued barrel, which doesn't match the rest of the AR, the M&A Parts kit uses a Wilson barrel which should be a good barrel, and it is phosphate finish so it looks right.  I just finished it so I haven't had a chance to test fire it yet.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Wingman26.  I've heard good things about the Wilson barrels as well.  
L'man[marines]
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I might add a couple of things...

It had been recommended to double check the lower parts kit as soon as you get it, there are so many small parts sometimes something gets overlooked, mine was short one detent pin, I called them and they got it right out to me, I have seen the same thing said about all the vendors on the small parts.

I used a RRA stripped lower I got from Eagle Firearms, all the parts in M&A's kit fit perfectly, and the RRA lower fit the upper perfectly also, I didn't have any problems on the assembly at all.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the J&T 16" car kit w/tac brake on a bushy lower. I did the same as you to see what was the best to buy, and came up with J&T . So I Bought J&T and have been completely satisfied with it. I couldn't believe how good it shoots,now have about 1000 rnd's through it. You couldn't go wrong with them. Don't know about the others.Also customer service is very plesant to deal with,real nice people!
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 3:58:04 PM EDT
[#5]
All of my parts except for the lowers, and some Knights and GG&G sutff come from Model 1 exclusively. I've had nothing but great service from them.

Here is something too, I ordered a A2 upper from them a few months ago and the markings were the same as my friends A2 upper that he bought from Bushmaster!

It's model 1 for me.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey IceMan_1,
You gotta picture of that Tac Brake installation?  Thanks,
L'man
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Would anyone mind posting a couple real close pics of the J&T Tac break and upper?  I would like to see the Tac break, and would like to see the finish quality on the barrel and upper as well before ordering.

I have an Eagle Arms lower on its way to me from Quantico Arms as we speak, and am considering J&T as the kit to build my AR.  However, I really want to see the finish on the J&T barrel and upper close-up if possible before ordering.  Heck, if ya' got close up pics of Model 1 & M&A stuff too, I don't think anyone would object!
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 8:28:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I love my 20" A-2 kit from J&T.

Great product and great company.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#9]
JT. matched the finish perfectly, shaw barrel is as accurate, if not more so, than my previous upper with a wilson barrel, very good fit to lower, everything's just as it should be.  I also launched a detent pin across the room when putting the lower together, couldn't find it, and called and they send me spares FREE.  This was over a year after I ordered the kit.  Customer Service is very important,and JT's got it.  The lower internals were also of a much higher quality than other kits.  Can't go wrong with JT....
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top