Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2003 6:50:25 PM EDT
How does it look? Can you tell the make? Thanks
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:25:28 AM EDT
Get a JT for $450. They're worth the extra money. FAC has a history of placing things on "backorder" for months at a time from posts I have seen on this and other forums; as a personal example I sold an old ASA kit (junk) to a guy and he was going to build it on an oly receiver. The receiver was on "backorder" for 8 months at FAC before he cancelled it and ordered from someone else (and received it in 4 days as there was no shortage of them available) They just aren't very good at service....
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:15:27 PM EDT
I thought I would throw in that I just bought a Model 1 kit to mount on a CMT lower. Got the kit in 7 days and it fits great. $400.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:08:22 AM EDT
The FAC kits are from DPMS and are very good quality, haviong said that, I have a dealer account with DPMS and every time I have tried to order a kit they are typically several months out due to heavy volume of manufacture. Go with one of the other companys for a little more, you will get it much quicker and with much better service, in fact I have ordered seceral kits through Model 1 and have received all within 4 days and all were good. Jeff
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:19:13 AM EDT
Thanks for the replies. I was looking for a low cost AR to put together. The FAC flier had the kit totally unassembled, which is no big deal, for $400 plus I can have my dealer get a lower for just over $100. My main concern was from a past experience with Nesard, ab out 12 years ago. I ordered one of their kits quite a while ago and had nothing but problems with it. I was with the understanding that Model 1 or M&A Parts was the same company. I have heard DPMS has better quality parts than either of these two. True or not? Thanks
Top Top