Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/19/2003 8:16:43 PM EDT
I have a complete RRA lower (parts kit assembled, pistol grip installed, buttstock installed) and I getting ready to buy a model1 sales upper.

Here's my dilemna: it seems ashame to buy an upper from them when for $30 more you can have the kit. Essentially you pay $30 for a parts kit, complete buttstock and pistol grip. I don't need those parts, but i am considering buying the full kit and selling the extra parts.
What would probably be a fair price for these parts as a package and has anyone done this before?
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 10:46:45 PM EDT
Yep Buy the kit. Later you can order another stripped receiver, then upper and so on. That's how it started for me!
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 3:08:36 AM EDT
Get the kit. You will have a full set of spare parts, which is always good, even if you don't build another rifle, although, if you have caught the bug, you will build another... Ghost
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 3:38:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/20/2003 3:39:07 AM EDT by bradcdavis00]
I'll buy the kit from you for $50 if you include the A2 buttstock... Thanks - Brad
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 9:08:43 PM EDT
Just got a Model 1 kit yesterday. The A2 stock has some [i]very[/i] light scratches, but otherwise everything looks real good. The buffer packaging looks like it may be unused mil-surplus, but I haven't checked the part number to the field manual yet.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 5:30:44 AM EDT
Spare parts are always a good thing.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 3:45:40 PM EDT
i agreen you can never have too many spare parts... of course, you cant have a bunch of spare parts laying around, thats a waste... youll just have to build a new rifle kit to install them into... but then, what do you do with the parts that are left over? you cant have a bunch of spare parts laying around, thats a waste... youll just have to build a new rifle kit to install them into... but then, what do you do with the parts that are left over? you cant have a bunch of spare parts laying around, thats a waste... youll just have to build a new rifle kit to install them into... but then, what do you do with the parts that are left over? you cant have a bunch of spare parts laying around, thats a waste... youll just have to build a new rifle kit to install them into...
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 4:10:55 PM EDT
I've decided to go the "sell the parts" route. My first AR is on quite the budget and not everything I want anyway, so selling the spare parts allows me to get in the door at least.
Top Top