Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/12/2003 8:12:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/13/2003 3:17:16 AM EDT by TigerClaw]
I was thinking of building something myself with the same functionality. It would center around attaching an ARMS# 39A2 mount to the existing forward grip. This would require placing a "spacer" between the 39A2 rail and the top half of the forward grip, and securing the rail with Allen screws. In theory, it seems feasible, because it would provide more stability to a sight mounted on the forward rail. Has anyone else made an attempt at this kind of set-up before? If you have, what materials did you use? Or, is this just a project doomed to failure from the start? I would appreciate any insights or thoughts, before I find myself in over my head.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 8:28:10 AM EDT
BTT
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 3:31:46 PM EDT
What would that accomplish that a KAC RAS-FF wouldn't? Put an ARMS #2 on top, and you've got rails in all the same spots. The only difference I can really think of is that the forward top rail would be lower than that of the ARMS system. Any optics on the forward top rail can be brought up with spacers. If you just need the forward mounted optics, and not the side and lower rails, what's wrong with the #39a2?
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 5:58:01 AM EDT
Techbrute - thanks for the opinion. I was thinking that, although the 39A2 is locked to the carry handle at 2 points, there is still some potential for flex of the forward rail because there is space between it and the handguard. I was thinking that if the forward rail was actually secured to the handguard, in the same fashion as a SIR #51, it would provide more stability for an Aimpoint mounted in that position. However, now that you mention it, it may be more worthwhile to replace the handguards with a RAS, provided that I can do so without having to remove my Wilson Combat muzzle brake.
Top Top