Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2003 3:51:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/6/2003 6:09:05 AM EDT by BattleRifleG3]
Hi, I'm a complete newbie to AR-15s, but have experience with the AR-180, AK, SKS, G3, and M1 type rifles. I'm new to this website too, but have standing at Gunsnet and am a Moderator at GunandGame.com

I've been looking at options of AR-15 builds for:
Plinking
Service Rifle Competition
Private or competitive scoped marksmanship
The emergency we hope never happens
Ability to use varied ammo, including Wolf

After lots of looking, I settled on getting a kit from Model 1 Sales and building it on a Stainless Steel DPMS stripped lower receiver.

I was hoping it could have a stainless barrel to match the receiver and give it a two-tone style. Upper would be A2.

Is it correct that only 20", not 16" or 24", is legal for service rifle matches? And would the two-tone config be legal?

My current plan is to use a 20" stainless barrel A2 kit.

So does this make any sense, or are any of these bad choices? I've read many great things about Model 1 Sales here, but haven't read anything about DPMS stainless steel lowers.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 9:58:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/5/2003 10:00:10 PM EDT by BattleRifleG3]
Here are my three concepts. The center one is what I'm likely to settle on. The top one uses a Pre-ban upper image because it was a better specimen, I'm not looking to build an illegal rifle, which I'm sure is what people would tell a newbie like me. [img]http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data/500/18043Stainless_AR_buddies.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:47:18 PM EDT
No one has any experience with DPMS Stainless Lowers or any thoughts on the two tone configuration? No one even wants to tell me if a two tone config is service rifle legal in competition?
Top Top