Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2003 5:44:18 PM EDT
Ok guy's, if the ABW sunsets next year I want to buy a ZM Weapons AR15....shown here:

The question I have is this; can I remove the handgaurd on the above rifle and replace it with a S.I.R, F.R.I.S.H or a ARMSCOR type handgaurds?  Do any of you have any experience with this AR manufacturer?
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 5:58:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have any expirence with ZM weapons, but I don't think any standard rail handguard would replace the one that comes with it.

The gas piston right on top of the barrel makes it look like it is to high to be able to put any ARMS or Knights handguards on it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't have any expirence with ZM weapons, but I don't think any standard rail handguard would replace the one that comes with it.

The gas piston right on top of the barrel makes it look like it is to high to be able to put any ARMS or Knights handguards on it.
View Quote

Oh well, I can live with that top set-up.  What's your opinion of the system with the grenade launcher?
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Like I said before, I dont really have any expirence with ZM weapons. THere are a few people on the boards here that have them and like them, but most cant really justify the price. If you got the money then I'm sure its a great,rifle, but personally, I cant really justify the price of one of those just to be able to put a side folder on.

Personally, I like collapsable stocks better anyway.

About the 37mm launcher. Yes, they are fun, but if its for a serious use rifle its probably more weight than its worth.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 7:20:15 PM EDT
[#4]
But but it's not just a side folder.....it's a collapsible folder! [:)]
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#5]
That is awesome!  How much?  (just curious, certainly looks out of my price range)

Doesn't Oly have a side folder AR (or kit)?  I wonder if that would be a good base for a build?

Scot
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That is awesome!  How much?  (just curious, certainly looks out of my price range)

Doesn't Oly have a side folder AR (or kit)?  I wonder if that would be a good base for a build?

Scot
View Quote

The Kit's are $1595, the complete rifles go for $1895-$1995

Pricey?  Yep.

Worth it?  That's up to you.

I plan on getting one when the ban sunsets...I will register it as a SBR in the 11.5" configuration, and I will and a C3 M203 40mm nade launcher as well.  I also figure since I've already registered it with all the goodies, I might as well look for a Auto sear too.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top