Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2003 7:17:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/23/2003 9:33:11 AM EDT by bcguide]
question for you ar gurus, black or blue insert for use with wolff extra power extractor spring?
the reason i ask is i have the wolff xtra power springs but i have the blue inserts,anybody tried them with the blue inserts.the rifle is a r.r.m4orgery with a-1 buffer tube if that makes any diff.
thanks,eric
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 4:31:45 PM EDT
The only difference is color. I believe Colt used the black ones to indicate a heavy duty extractor spring. If you compare a black one to a blue one they have identicle size and they both squish the same amount.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 3:42:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By oldguy: The only difference is color. I believe Colt used the black ones to indicate a heavy duty extractor spring. If you compare a black one to a blue one they have identicle size and they both squish the same amount.
View Quote
absolutely right[:D] At least according to Colt. Of course, there is a Colt parts distributor, who claims the black one is stiffer, but that was as part of a post in which he was also trashing this web site and its' members. All I can tell you is that I've got Wolff springs and blue inserts in all five of my ARs, and I haven't had a malfunction yet[:D]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 12:54:38 AM EDT
thanks guys,that's what i wanted to hear.i'll put 'em to the torture test during the the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 1:42:14 AM EDT
Whatever insert you have, just get a Wolffe extra power extractor spring and never give it another thought.
Top Top