Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2003 4:57:32 PM EDT
i was wondering what the cheapest forged recieveris and a website to buy it from i found one near my house for 100$$s so  i wont have to pay ffl the website is quanticoarms.con ,i live near there
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:48:38 AM EDT
[#1]
If you live close enough to Quantico Arms to go and buy it over the counter, do so. You might save 5 or 10 bucks on the another lower by mail, but by the time you'd pay shipping, and a dealer to handle the transfer, you'd probably spend more than over the counter at Quantico.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:11:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Wholesale Guns & Ammo has Continental Mach.&Tool forged receivers for $88.99 w/free shipping if you order 2 or more.  CMT is the same people that make lowers for Colt.   They are marked "Centure Sporter"  and "C-15" , I guess they were an over run for Century Arms.  I build an A2 out of one and it looks and works fine. I think it's the equal to a DPMS lower that I build a CAR-15 out of several years ago.   You can check them out in the front of Shotgun News. Also, if your local FFL dealer has an FFL on file with them you can order direct from them and pay for your order with a credit card, this will save you from paying tax at your dealers, all you'll have to pay is his acceptance fee and what ever back ground fee your state has.  That's what I did, I ordered 2 so I got free shipping then I paid my dealer $20 to accept them and a $10 fee for back ground check.  All in all it came to just under $105/receiver out the door.      Talk to ya' later.  TN.Frank
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 8:16:15 AM EDT
[#3]
See if you can snag either an Eagle lower from Quantico Arms, or one of the Mega lowers that someone sells on the board here.  They're $89 shipped, so add your transfer fee to that price, and you're good to go.  I have several Eagle lowers, they're very nice.  I hear good stuff about the Megas, but don't have first hand experience.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#4]
JoeKen has Vulcan forged lowers for $79
But with shippng and transfers, you'll still be over $100
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:53:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Another big advantage of going to Quantico is you get to meet Dave and the group there.  I have purchased a couple of rifles from them and will continue to do so.  Honest, and knowledgable.  What more can you ask?  PS, you do not want the cheapest, you want the best.  Armalite can supply that.  The eagle lower is of higher quality from my inspection than my Colt pre-ban.  It went together with a J&T upper kit with no problems, perfect fit and good finish.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
JoeKen has Vulcan forged lowers for $79
But with shippng and transfers, you'll still be over $100
View Quote

[banghead] CAUTION vulcan=Hesse CAUTION

I heard the MEGA lowers are very nice for sale in the EE $89.00 shipped
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 11:12:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I realize that Vulcan and Hesse are the same thing.

Now my experience is with AK's not AR's, but as far as they are concerned, all the problems associated with Hesse, was with the quality of their finished rifles, not their receivers.

As far as receivers go Vulcan/Hesse is considered as good as any available in the AK world.

Link Posted: 9/17/2003 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#8]
i've seen out of spec hesse lowers.  garbage.  cheaper is not always better.  for most of the decent brands the only difference is around $10-20 anyway.  buy something decent the first time instead of learning a lesson.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I realize that Vulcan and Hesse are the same thing.

Now my experience is with AK's not AR's, but as far as they are concerned, all the problems associated with Hesse, was with the quality of their finished rifles, not their receivers.

As far as receivers go Vulcan/Hesse is considered as good as any available in the AK world.

View Quote

Sorry max, I bought a Hesse AR reciever and it was a [size=4]BIG MISTAKE[/size=4]. I only paid about $15 dollars less than a quality receiver and I got a total piece of junk without a company that stands by their products.  

Maybe they have improved since.

But now that I've been bitten, I'm stayin' away from that dog![pissed]

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top