BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:45:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I cant believe this post. Its total crap, everyone busting each others balls. Wannabee's and cantbee's or what ever, who cares, who gives a flying f**k. We are all on this post because we like guns and shooting. I couldnt care less if the guy next to me has a $3000 super gun with a tiny barrel and all the hard ware you can get tied to it, and me with a $500 gun with no gadgets. Some of you seem to think shorter is better or you need to use this caliber or no, it needs to have a longer barrel!
Use what works for you at the time, there is no set standard....Im not a wannabee im a has been, been there and done that. I served in the British special forces for 10 years and every man carried what he wanted, no set standards for us. Ive probaly been on more fire fights than most LE and regular service men, but I dont start calling people wanabee's.If you want to stick on some camo's and take your AR to the woods or range, whats it got to do with anyone. People have too much to say sometimes, and most of the time its crap.
Have a nice day and grow up.[:D]
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Carried an XM177E2 in El Salvador attached to 7th group 1983-01 Jun 84 when Duarte became President.

Kept it clean and it ran fine.  Raids, ambushes, dynamic entries, etc...worked 100%.  Yes it was loud.  Yes it overpenetrated, but if you were in front of me you were not a friendly, so I didn't give a crap if it overpenetrated or not.

Standard range of engagement 25 yards.  Max range 100 yards.  Did some CQB at less than 7 yards.

And it was issued to me, and other than a P35, it's all I carried the entire time I operated out of Ilopongo Air base.

Never had an issue with short barrels and I've got an 10.25" upper from that guy who types in all caps (who I would trust with my life regardless of how he types) and I have NEVER had a failure to fire.

Medicguns, if you want one, get it.  I will recommend the LMT upper from WES at MSTN.  HOomo, if you don't like them, that's your choice.

My choice is based on experience as an "operator" - not a "wannabe."  The 10" to 11.5" are great for what they are designed and refined for CQB, and they are still being issued to "operators", some of whom are my friends.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 7:08:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Not wanting to get in the penis measuring contest but I have a 11.5 inch model 1 upper that has run fine for hundreds of rounds.  A friend of mine had a problem and switched to a wolf one piece gas ring and extractor spring and it solved his problem.  Another friend with a 10 inch couldn't do anything to correct the problem (ream gas port, rings, ect.)  Must be how you hold your mouth I guess.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#4]
We never did find out what kind of an "operator" homo is did we?

As a new member to this forum (and I'm sure there's lots of other new people to the forum who feel the same way),I was hoping to learn something new about ARs and it's sad that I have to sift through homo's drivel to find the info I want. Can't the moderators do something about him so we all can discuss our ARs? Other than that everyone else keep this great info coming!

Link Posted: 10/12/2003 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#5]
The author of this thread could simply click "DELETE" in his first post and send the whole thread into oblivion.. no more drivel taking up good usable board space.

IBTL

Link Posted: 10/12/2003 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Here's another example - you go to a shooting range and everyone there is firing 9mm pistols.  One has a SIG/Sauer P226, one has a Browning Hi-Power, one has a Lorcin, the last is shooting a TEC-9.  Ok, create in your head a list with two columns, one marked "Smart People" and the other called "Morons" and put these four people on that list. Where did they end up?  And let's say you're having a feed problem with your Beretta 92.  Which one of these guys are you going to ask for advice?  Or maybe you're one of those people who think the guy who chose the TEC-9 is just as smart as the SIG/Sauer owner.  Not me.  I know there's a difference.
View Quote

Do you really judge people by their choice of handgun at the shooting range? I am asking a serious question here.  Do you really think that any weapon is a measure of anyone’s general or any specific knowledge?  I just wanted to know.

Thanks,
Scott

Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I cant believe this post. Its total crap, everyone busting each others balls. Wannabee's and cantbee's or what ever, who cares, who gives a flying f**k.
View Quote

Geez, are people [b]still[/b] whining about this?

Quoted:
We never did find out what kind of an "operator" homo is did we?
View Quote

I never said I was an "operator" - I said I sell guns to operators.  I also said that while in the past almost 100% of my business was supplying 9mm MP5s to teams, the trend now seems to be to trade them in for new MP5s in .40 S&W, or worse, 10mm.  None of the departments I've sold to got 5.56 shorties.

Quoted:
Carried an XM177E2 in El Salvador attached to 7th group 1983-01 Jun 84 when Duarte became President.
View Quote

Did you have the moderator on the muzzle?  The reason I won't sell anything shorter than an M4 is I'm tired of dealing with the problems.  To me, 10.5 and 11.5 inch shorties are like Lugers.  Many work, some don't, and they all tend to get finicky when it comes to ammo or cleaning.  It's not worth it for me in a combat rifle.  Or as a retailer whose customers expect the expensive guns I sold them to actually work.  If I need something that short in a rifle caliber, I'll pick an AUG, which I have had excellent experience with over the years.  If your shortie with a bare muzzle works for you, good for you and good luck.

Quoted:
Do you really judge people by their choice of handgun at the shooting range? I am asking a serious question here.  Do you really think that any weapon is a measure of anyone’s general or any specific knowledge?
View Quote

You bet!!  Absolutely!!!

I judge people everyday by the way they behave and the choices they make.  From their personal hygene to the car they drive.  These things tell you a lot about a person.

And face it - not everybody in the world who just so happens to own a gun is someone I want to talk to.  Take a trip to any gun show and you'll see a large assortment of Special Forces wannabees, New World Order/Black Helicopter nutcases and other members of the "Tin Foil Hat" crowd, droves of drooling morons, and just plain criminal/gang types.  Should I embrace all these segments of humanity?  Should I invite them over to live at my house?  Ask them to date my sister?

To a lesser extent, I make the same evaluations of people by the guns they choose.  Do you think the guy who shows up at the range with a chrome-plate Lorcin is just as smart as the guy shooting the SIG/Sauer P226?  I don't.  One person spent time studying guns and made a wise decision, and the other bought what he thought was pretty, or the same thing his other homies carry.

No thanks - I'll go out of my way to avoid these types.  Of course, it's a free country, so feel free to do whatever you want.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#8]
One more vote for the LMT 10.5 from MSTN.  100% reliable and accurate out of the box.  In confirmed use by real-deal operators who love it.  My only claim to fame is driving the bus for some SEALs every once in a while.  Being a gun-guy, I pay pretty close attention to their "carry-on luggage".  Short uppers have come along for the ride many times.  But don't mind me, I'm just a proud armchair wannabe.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
One more vote for the LMT 10.5 from MSTN.  100% reliable and accurate out of the box.  In confirmed use by real-deal operators who love it.  My only claim to fame is driving the bus for some SEALs every once in a while.  Being a gun-guy, I pay pretty close attention to their "carry-on luggage".  Short uppers have come along for the ride many times. [b] But don't mind me, I'm just a proud armchair wannabe.[/b]
View Quote

Yeah, and so is HOMO-Erectus.

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I use a 16 or 20" uppers because I shoot at distances out to 400 yards, to each his own if you want a 10" upper the use one! wan't a 14.5"
upper then use one. its impractical to me so i don't use them.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top