Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/3/2003 4:42:34 AM EDT
I'm thinking about building a post ban pistol, anyone have any thoughts on how to get a post ban pistol reciever?
tanks!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 7:29:47 AM EDT
Any reciver will work "i think" not sure but you will be in for alot of head aches if you chose to make one ... [shock]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 8:11:47 AM EDT
Yes, I'm thinking the same thing. I was wondering if I should just buy the new Bushmaster version coming out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 9:36:02 AM EDT
I think the issue with building a new ar pistol is making it under the weight limit. I don't remember what the weight limit is, but you can see from the olyarms pistol that it must be pretty light.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 9:36:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2003 9:38:21 AM EDT by SpentShellz]
i was going to buy that pistol when it was still proffessional ordanance ..untill i dug deep[B)] ... it looks cool but i wouldnt spend a dime on it today ...lots of feeding probs having to do with the very short gas tube i belive .....bad cycling ....you should put the money into one of your other guns or start a super nice build [+]:D]... THINK ABOUT IT but do your research if it is what you really want.... find as many people as you can who own them and ask them Q's but i woulnt buy one till you get confedence in it........ i think[thinking]the weight is 50 ounces........ SpentShells
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 1:01:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2003 1:03:02 PM EDT by HoGKiLLa]
yeah, under 50 and your not allowed a front grip for your non trigger hand. all this is for post ban. jeremy btw, the conventional recoil assembly of the pistol sucks in MHO
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:24:06 PM EDT
Build it on a "virgin" lower NEVER attach a stock, put a forward grip and shroud on it and register it as an "AOW" $5 tax to the gov't. Then you have a gun that can be concealed legally w/o permit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 11:36:58 AM EDT
Perhaps this will help... [url]http://www.quarterbore.com/nfa/sbr-aow-pistol.html[/url] I am building a Post-Ban AR-15 pistol, or at least I have all the parts and all I need to do is put her together... All I did was bought a Virgin Stripped Bushaster lower receiver that I received as a Pistol. My Federal and state transfer paperwork lists this receiver as a PISTOL receiver. Next, I had Kurt at Kurts Kustom build me a 300/221 (300 Whisper clone) barrel with NO GAS PORT. When this is assembles I will have a charging handle operated BOLT-Action 300 whisper clone pistol. If the crime bill dies, then I can simply have a new barrel made or put together a second upper and I can have the real deal. I went this route as here in Pennsylvania we are not allowed to hunt with Semi-Auto pistols (or rifles for that matter) but I can use a Bolt Action pistol!
Top Top