Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2003 1:29:55 PM EDT
Does anybody have one of these?

www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?dept%5Fid=1241&sku=ARR%2D450&imgid=&mscssid=LKB8NMTB7K3P9ML18RLU3FFNPJ6PC4AD

Do they suck?  How bad?

Does it come with a buffer and spring? I don't see one in the picture.

Looks like it should be OK as the basis for a permanently-pinned stock at least...
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 2:55:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes it is complete. Will it work? Who knows. Mine didn't. Couldn't even get it on the lower.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 2:40:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Cheap Chinese made knockoffs.  You get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 3:12:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Cheap Chinese made knockoffs.  You get what you pay for.
View Quote

Amen brother!
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 3:22:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered the $30 carry handle from cheaper than dirt. I am not expecting much. It will be put on the rifle for mostly looks and occasional shooting. I have a flat top riser and a red dot which i will use the most.

I have heard bad stories about some of their "used" products, but everything i have ordered has been great.

If it doesn't work, send it back.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 3:54:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a few of the cheap tele-stocks.  They work ok; I have two complaints:

1)  They're very loose and rattle some.  There's enough space between the stock & receiver extension that I often get my beard hair pinched in there.

2)  The nut that holds the adjustment lever in place will fall off if it's not loctited.

One of these I epoxied & pinned for a postban lower; obviously the above complaints don't apply.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 3:58:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Its a piece of shit.  Sure, save some money now, but when it cracks at the locking pin hole, you'll just have to put out the money to replace it.

Buy quality the 1st time.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 5:49:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Model 1 sells one for $49 which I found to be pretty good for the money...
You get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 11:28:45 PM EDT
[#8]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=168554&w=activePop[/url]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top