Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/26/2003 4:51:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/26/2003 5:41:01 PM EDT by usma89]

This started with a trip to my local gun store where they had upper with a custom barrel. It was attached to a preban lower that the buyer did not want. I traded for it and started my project.
It was a cut down 20" to a 16" with the gas port in the same place ala Bushmaster dissapator sytle. It had a A1 upper w/o sights. I had K2 replace the A1 upper with a flattop and discovered that the muzzle break was a sleave and gas block all in one.
I had an old RRA stripped lower and a DPMS parts kit, and built up the lower.
I still had the whole jar of tan from my Lauer kit and the gun was in pieces, so I went to airbrushing.
I still need to touch up the grip(I traded a tan set a year ago :(, story of my life)

Do you think I should tiger stripe it?
here are some of my early work, the first one has fine grid marks, does not show up that well in this light
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 5:03:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/27/2003 5:04:20 AM EDT by davidp14]
definately stripe it! the third mag on the right look coolest, IMO. be sure to post pics and details in case i get brave!
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:38:19 AM EDT
gotta stripe it man! then more pix. [beer]
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 4:28:32 PM EDT
I like the grid marks, how did you do that?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 4:49:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sims5: I like the grid marks, how did you do that?
View Quote
I used dry wall patch after the first coat, I learned you have to let it set out some before you put it on or it is too sticky.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:58:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By usma89:
Originally Posted By sims5: I like the grid marks, how did you do that?
View Quote
I used dry wall patch after the first coat, I learned you have to let it set out some before you put it on or it is too sticky.
View Quote
Man you lost me on this one! I gess I would have had to see what you did becouse I cant pitchure in my head what you did. LOOKS VERY COOL THO!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:19:25 AM EDT
I guess I should be more clear. They sell this tape for drywall repair at home depot. It is yellow plastic and looks like small grids, I think it acts as a sort of rebar for the drywall. I think I got the whole roll for a buck or so. I airbrush the first coat on, force dry it(in Texas that means putting it in the sun) for an hour or so, and then put the grid tape on. I then apply the second coat. I think I am going to put another color or two and go for a marpat look. I think it will look cool...even though I have have included this mag in a deal I made the other day, I want it to look as good as possible. I will post pics when I am done.
Top Top