Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2003 2:44:42 PM EDT
with the amount of money that I have is this even a possibility for me?  if it is what should I do?  Or should I just wait for that assult weapons ban to expire in about a year?
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#1]
$600 will build you a complete RRA A2 from Adco Firearms. $210 for a complete lower and $390 for a complete upper, plus shipping and transfer.

There are a few complete guns for around $500 in equipment exchange.

I really don't think that ARs will go down in price after the ban.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy a stipped lower for ~$100 & keep an eye on the equipment exchange/E-bay etc for the rest of the parts.  Build it one piece at a time, just like the old Johnny Cash song.  I've seen slick sided M16 uppers go for about ~$60-80 on E-bay, Sarco lists pencil barrels complete with handguard (triangle), delta ring assembly & gas tube for $175 & I've seen cheaper on the EE.  Original M16 buttstocks (no trapdoor)go super cheap.   I'd go with a new bolt/bolt carrier assmbly though.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 3:54:33 PM EDT
[#3]
You can do it for pretty close to $500.  I just ordered all the parts to build a post ban AR.

Here is what I ordered:

DPMS Lower Receiver (forged receiver)$119.99 plus $7.20 for tax  

AR CAR Kit from Model 1 Sales (this has all other parts except for magazine) $400.00 plus $18.00 shipping.

Total:    $545.19
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#4]
My cheapest worked to be $517...Model 1 kit for $400, $17 for shipping, and $100 in person for the lower.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 9:44:37 PM EDT
[#5]
What I am currently working on"

RRA Lower            $99 SHIPPED
M&A Parts 16' KIT   $465 SHIPPED

I decided on a kit because this is my first build.

Link Posted: 8/23/2003 9:52:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Stinger or Mega fully assembled lower for $199 + JT distributing upper for $289
= AR-15 for $488+shipping and FFl transfer costs.

I think "Iblis" is offereing the Stinger and Mega lowers on the Equipment exchange.  I was just checking out his website last night (he is a Stinger and Mega distributor) but I can't remember the address right now.

If time is not an issue, you can almost certainly get an upper for even cheaper on ebay- if you are patient you can usually find them in the $250 range for used ones.  Might be a little harder to get exactly what you want, but if the $$$ is REALLY tight you could do it...

Granted, in this config you will not have a chrome lined barrel, but I assume that is not an issue if you want to spend only $500!

Don't forget you will still need magazines, which will run $15-20 a pop depending on brand and make...
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 6:54:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I just finished a Model 1 sales 16 Car for a grand total of 400(Kit)+18(shipping)+135(lower)=$553 not the best deal in town but I has some pretty hard times getting a lower reciever, so I went to a gun show and got a RRA for $135 out the door.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top