Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/9/2003 4:38:56 PM EDT
I am building a ar15 for varmints and cant decide on a trigger.
I am torn between a Jp and a Jewel.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 6:27:11 PM EDT
I have a Jewell in my Bushy 20" V-Match, and I love it. Adjustable for 1st and second stage pull weight, sear engagement, and overtravel, clean take up, breaks like glass. It's definitely a target trigger though; I wouldn't put it on a defensive gun. I don't think it's recomnmended for mil-spec stuff, although it may work anyway. For varmints/targets you'll love it. No complaints at all.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 4:56:27 AM EDT
Ditto what he said: I wouldn't put it on a plinker, but on a varmint rifle I wouldn't trade my Jewel for anything. It's very smooth and has a great feel.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 4:17:54 PM EDT
The only reason to not get the Jewell trigger is if you don't like two stage triggers. The Jewell is a two stage trigger, a very good two stage trigger. As I understand, the JP is a single stage (though I have never shot one). I have to wonder what a good single stage AR trigger would be like. I have heard somebody desribe it as being like a mouse click-that could be fun. --Dan
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:32:15 AM EDT
I have a couple Jewells. I bought a RR 2-stage to save a couple bucks. The RR turned out to not work and essentially a tricky 1 stage. Buy Jewell - they work great.
Top Top