Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2003 4:38:56 PM EDT
I am building a ar15 for varmints and cant decide on a trigger.
I am torn between a Jp and a Jewel.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Jewell in my Bushy 20" V-Match, and I love it. Adjustable for 1st and second stage pull weight, sear engagement, and overtravel, clean take up, breaks like glass. It's definitely a target trigger though; I wouldn't put it on a defensive gun. I don't think it's recomnmended for mil-spec stuff, although it may work anyway. For varmints/targets you'll love it. No complaints at all.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 4:56:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Ditto what he said: I wouldn't put it on a plinker, but on a varmint rifle I wouldn't trade my Jewel for anything. It's very smooth and has a great feel.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#3]
The only reason to not get the Jewell trigger is if you don't like two stage triggers.  The Jewell is a two stage trigger, a very good two stage trigger.  As I understand, the JP is a single stage (though I have never shot one).  I have to wonder what a good single stage AR trigger would be like.  I have heard somebody desribe it as being like a mouse click-that could be fun.

--Dan
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:32:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a couple Jewells. I bought a RR 2-stage to save a couple bucks. The RR turned out to not work and essentially a tricky 1 stage.
Buy Jewell - they work great.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top