Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2003 8:18:21 AM EDT
Anybody use one? Opinions and pics wanted.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:40:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I like mine.  Very light. Sorry, don't have a pic.  New AR_Guy has some pics of his somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:47:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I did do a search but it came up nada.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:53:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Very good stuff. Lightweight and good looking. It is the cats ass.

Bob
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:41:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Bob, cat's asses are not good looking. I don't care how much tequila I've had. Seriously, the handguards look good, Rod says some LAPD SWAT guys use them, and I know CF doesn't conduct heat like Al. I just want some info from other than the guy the sells em. Know-whut-I-mean?
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:13:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one ordered.  It's for a mid-length gas system upper.  It should be here any day.  I'll resurrect the thread if it gets here in time.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Hi Pat,

You are right, a cats ass is not pretty. They keep heat away from your hands very well and I know because I have dumped many a mag using mine. You will not go wrong.

[url]http://www.hiperform.com/[/url]

Bob
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:50:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one and really like it.  I am using a Les Baer upper which has high side tolerances on the OD of the barrel nut threads.  Rod's barrel nut is expertly machined and favors the low side on the ID.  The result was a rather tight fit.  Rod remachined a new nut for me that fit my upper perfectly with no slop in the threads.  Perfect fit.  He made mine to a custom length to cover the gas block.  Looks super.  Worth every penny!  The woven carbon fiber looks really cool. Give me your email address and I can send a picture of my Tac Carbine.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 6:20:47 AM EDT
[#8]
What is the cost/price on these???
I maybe in the market in a couple of months.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 6:50:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Mine was $114.00 with the installation wrench.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 6:57:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I sent Rod Holland of hiperform a US postal Money order on June 27, 2003 for a mid length carbon fiber hand guard.  Initialy there was some confusion on just how long "mid length" was.  On July 25th that issue was resolved and as of today I still have not recieved my hand guard.  My last 2 emails and one telephone message have gone un-answered.  

At this point I would urge anyone doing buisness with Rod Holland of Hi-perform to do so with caution.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I disagree with Half-Cocked.  

I would do business with Rod again in a heartbeat.  He was very communicative and prompt with responses related to my custom length carbon H.G.  The guy runs a multi-faceted business of which AR parts are a sideline.  He's a busy guy and actually spends time with his family rather than trapped in a machineshop.  

He went way out of his way to correct the tolerance stacking issue I mentioned above.  The guy completely made another handguard for me including a custom made barrel nut at absolutely no additional cost.  It fit perfectly and was of impecable workmanship.  And best of all, it looks way too cool!
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Well I hope he proves you right and me wrong.

However here are a couple of facts.  I have an email where he said that it would be shipped out of his shop on August 15.  If he did ship it I didn't get it and have 2 unanswered emails sent to him last week. I called his buisness phone and left a message on his Nextel.  Still no reply. If he didn't send it he lied to me.  

I detest liars.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#13]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=14486[/img]

Tromix 440 Corbon
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top