Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/6/2003 6:33:17 PM EDT
Who makes the best factory single stage/stock trigger?  Who makes the best lower parts kit overall?  

I have a factory Bushy and the trigger has a lot of creep to it.  Does anyone else have a better Bushy factory trigger or are they mostly like this?  It is a preban, though, and I guess quality could have gotten better in the past decade.

I also have a factory Olympic and the trigger is crisp and nice, but the finish is rough and I am not sure how sturdy Olympic parts are in the long run, so anyone have good long life with Oly parts?  This rifle is only a year old and recent reports about Oly have been good, so just wondering if Oly's lower parts have had any problems as of late.

Overall, out of Eagle/Armalite, Rock River Arms, DPMS, Olympic, Bushmaster, and J&T (they claim these are Colt lower parts, but we all know how that is) which one is the best overall quality and which one has the best trigger as is?  

Thanks in advance.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure that there are only 2-3 companies in the US that actually manufacture LPK's. I've bought several LPK's and all were shipped to me in non-descript plastic bags with no markings to identify the manufacturer. Having said that, I've bought LPK's from RRA, Bushmaster and Armalite and I can't tell a difference in any of them(other than the safety in one of the kits not having any sort of marking on the right side to point to being on "safe" or "fire"). I'm sorry I can't help you pin down a specific brand that exceeds the quality of others, but as far as those three brands I listed, they all have relatively clean trigger breaks and I've never experienced any kind of failure due to the parts malfunctioning or breaking.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top