Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/1/2003 1:16:47 PM EDT
just finished my mega lower today. also thought i would share my bushy lower i bought last month with a skeleton stock. the bushy will be getting the S.I.R from bushmaster. the mega is going to get a 16" v match from bushmaster with flip up sites (that what the son wants )
http://handh.webhop.net/myar15lowers.jpg
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 1:26:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good,,,That reminds me...Ive got two or three lowers in the safe maybe its time for another one....BTW that pic isnt going to win you any friends with the 56k guys....LOL.......UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:12:53 PM EDT
[#2]
thats one big pic ya got there, even on cable modem it took awhile, looks good for what i seen loaded so far. lol.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#3]
hehe
i went for detail but i guess i should of shrunk the pic a little.
hosting it on my own server which only has cable modem with 128k up :(
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:39:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice finish on that Mega lower. Nice and dark. I can't say I like the huge "atom" design though. Being a minimalist, Rock River Arms has spoiled me with their lack of big gay company logos on the side of their receivers.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I want one of the MEGA lower and upper combo's.

Sweet!
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#6]
i bought 2 mega lowers from him he is a great guy.
that was my first lower i ever built. i didnt even use any of the special tools except for the tele stock wrench.
im thinking of getting one of the green lower and upper combo's he is working on. just hoping he adds some graphic pic to the lower than just the GATOR label.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I wanted to see the pic but my system timed out or the company blocked it for some reason.  Mega lowers and uppers are great fun.  I just talked to IBLIS this morning, he said that the anodizing shop should have the green tanks up and running shortly.  Wether you get the green or black, the fit and finish is incredible.  Have fun building.
Scorpion34 OUT!
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 7:43:16 PM EDT
[#8]
i did a resize for everyone on the pic hope it helps.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#9]
The picture loads great now.  I also ran into IBLIS today, nice guy.  His Mega lowers seem to bit on par with what anyone else throws out there.  It seems kind of odd spending extra money for a "name" lower after dealing with IBLIS
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Where do you get the Megas?
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 9:56:16 PM EDT
[#11]
A_Free_Man

Check under the E&E section.  If you live in WA state, just meet him in person like my friend and I, he has treated us well.  You can't beat the quality, and for $89, you can't beat the price.

They have clean lines inside and out, and are a dark black color.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 12:05:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Has anyone else noticed that the Mega lowers are somewhat thinner than the receivers of other makers, especially in the magazine well area?

I'm probably still going to make my next rifle a Mega, but I was hoping for some confirmation or contradiction.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#13]
The Mega lower I have is also thin as you describe. I have found the mag well to be looser than my LRB lower, much easier to slam the mag home. I doubt that the slightly thinner wall of the mag well will translate into durability problems but I will find out. My Mega has a 50 Beowulf upper on it so it will be tested!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top