Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/29/2003 6:34:47 PM EDT
New guy here so be gentle please. I have a preban lower with a standard stock. I want to replace it with a telescoping model. Can I just change out the stock and internals or is something else needed? The tele model came with the guide and spring.
Thanks all,
Al
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 2:46:15 AM EDT
It should come with new receiver extension (buffer tube), buffer (perhaps this is what you're referring to as a guide), spring, locking plate thingy (flat tear drop plate about 1/8th in. thick with a depression/rise) and should have come with a cheap spanner wrench. Did you get all that stuff?
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 3:55:45 AM EDT
Nope, just the stock, spring and "buffer". Nothing else was in the package. Supposedly sold as NIB. Ok so I now need a new tube(shorter?) and a drop plate! I guess thats what happens when you buy off an auction and it says complete. Thanks for the help. Al
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:32:40 AM EDT
i know fulton armory has the flat tear drop shaped thingy with a sling attachment point for 10 bucks. you should also have a round retainer ring, too. it may have notches like a castle wall, or a small dot shaped depression.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:42:47 AM EDT
Thanks, I will give them a call.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:49:26 AM EDT
The receiver extension is the part that the stock slides back and forth on. It has a square rail on the bottom with holes that postition the stock. Do you have one of those?
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:53:11 AM EDT
Yes.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:33:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/30/2003 8:00:11 AM EDT by Halfcocked]
Then all you need is that tear drop thingy and a locking nut/ring. Just to be clear, the tear drop thingy, (this is in fact the actual technical nomencalture), has a hole roughly the diameter of the receiver extension and has a little protrusion in the hole that indexes in a slot on the bottom of the receiver extension. The threaded ring/nut pinches this between the ring/nut and the lower receiver. Once you're sure you have all the parts come back for a couple of helpful hints for installation.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:39:01 AM EDT
many thanks, I will. Al
Top Top