Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/29/2003 6:34:47 PM EDT
New guy here so be gentle please. I have a preban lower with a standard stock. I want to replace it with a telescoping model. Can I just change out the stock and internals or is something else needed? The tele model came with the guide and spring.
Thanks all,
Al
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 2:46:15 AM EDT
[#1]
It should come with new receiver extension (buffer tube), buffer (perhaps this is what you're referring to as a guide), spring, locking plate thingy (flat tear drop plate about 1/8th in. thick with a depression/rise) and should have come with a cheap spanner wrench.

Did you get all that stuff?
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 3:55:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope, just the stock, spring and "buffer". Nothing else was in the package. Supposedly sold as NIB. Ok so I now need a new tube(shorter?) and a drop plate! I guess thats what happens when you buy off an auction and it says complete. Thanks for the help.
Al
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:32:40 AM EDT
[#3]
i know fulton armory has the flat tear drop shaped thingy with a sling attachment point for 10 bucks.  you should also have a round retainer ring, too.  it may have notches like a castle wall, or a small dot shaped depression.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:42:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, I will give them a call.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:49:26 AM EDT
[#5]
The receiver extension is the part that the stock slides back and forth on.  It has a square rail on the bottom with holes that postition the stock.  Do you have one of those?
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:53:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:33:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Then all you need is that tear drop thingy and a locking nut/ring.

Just to be clear, the tear drop thingy, (this is in fact the actual technical nomencalture), has a hole roughly the diameter of the receiver extension and has a little protrusion in the hole that indexes in a slot on  the bottom of the receiver extension.  The threaded ring/nut pinches this between the ring/nut and the lower receiver.

Once you're sure you have all the parts come back for a couple of helpful hints for installation.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:39:01 AM EDT
[#8]
many thanks, I will.
Al
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top