Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/29/2003 12:05:18 AM EDT
I have a brand new Bushmaster upper that I bought from a board member that did not come with a B/BC, I also have a brand new Bolt and Bolt Carrier.  

Since these items are both brand new do I need to worry about checking headspace?
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:32:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I have just built a bushmaster 16" dissapator and a seperate 20" barrel,the bushmaster sales said their barrels are headspaced and ready to go.I had no problem when I test fired the rifle when i had assembled it.In the bushmaster catalog it says you can buy an upper without the bolt and charging handle if you already have one.This is on my own personal experiance, not expert advise though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:50:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Since the bolt and bolt carrier (which has nothing to do with headspace) are both new, put them together and go shooting.  No, you will not kaboom even if the headspace is off a hair.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Since the bolt and bolt carrier (which has nothing to do with headspace) are both new, put them together and go shooting.  No, you will not kaboom even if the headspace is off a hair.
View Quote

Just to clarify your statement -

...the bolt (which DOES affect headspace) and bolt carrier (which has nothing to do with headspace)...
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 12:49:16 AM EDT
[#4]
That is correct.  Thanks for clarifying that point.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top