Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2003 6:00:51 PM EDT
"here's the deal". I've bee lurking here for awhile and recently signed on. I'm almost 66 years old and have been using firearms almost before I could walk.....shot my first crow at the age of 8. I have and have had many guns, both hand guns and long guns. I just bought my first AR15, a Bushy V-Match and here is my problem.......I have everything figured out except how to take off the free floating hand guard. I know how the standard, 2 piece ones come off, but this thing has got me Buffaloed. I might want to clean out the crud sometime that will get trapped there. Thanks for any help and I promice I won't bug you with a lot of "Newby" questions.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:11:13 PM EDT
Welcome... the Bushy FF handguard on the V-Match replaces the barrel nut and when the handguard is unscrewed, the barrel can be removed. Under normal conditions, the V-Match handguard is only removed for barrel removal... On my FF handguard AR's I simply spray some aerosol BreakFree CLP under the handguard and clean with a patch on a cleaning rod...
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:37:27 PM EDT
DarkStar Thanks.....I guess I'm not completely nuts.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:59:05 PM EDT
Outback, Welcome aboard young fella !!! [beer]
Top Top