Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/27/2003 4:53:03 PM EDT
I viewed an upper on ebay awhile back that was labeled as a machine gun upper. It was an A2 type, I noticed the it was never machined for a fwd. assist?? Can anyone tell me who would offer an upper like this? Are they available? Thanks, till...later...GT
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:22:33 AM EDT
That's the LMG upper. Don't know of a source other than private sales or ebay.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:54:03 PM EDT
Les Baer Makes a flat top with no forward asist. i don't know about an A2 version. IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 8:13:15 PM EDT
Thanks IPSC_GUY, That sounds even better! I will have to check it out... Thanks, till...later...GT
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:48:28 PM EDT
i have the flat top Les Baer upper with port door, brass deflector (sp?) and no Forward Assist. I love it. It fits very tight with the Colt lower. Its a franken gun but I love it. LBC was the only place I could find that had the standard FT height w/ port door and no FA. DPMS makes a smooth sided one (lo-pro, i think) but the upper is higher than mil-spec. Can't go wrong with LBC. Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:18:40 AM EDT
Hi Tango_down, I just visited their web site last night... found what I was looking for! I will most likely opt for the FT receiver with a port door and brass deflector, but no fwd. assist... I'm left handed, so the brass deflector is a must! Ain't it amazing how the brass lands with the case head right on the back of your neck when your shooting an AR (with no brass deflector)left handed! Till...later....GT
Top Top