Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/24/2003 10:06:32 AM EDT
I have to install a CAR stock this weekend and I think it would be quicker going to a hardware store and buying a spanner wrench than to find a gun shop with the car stock wrench. My question is..... What size spanner wrench do I need?
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 10:32:47 AM EDT
Im not sure what size you need. Byt before i have a CAR stock wrench, I took a pair of vise grips, coated the teeth with black electrician tape so they wouldnt scratch it. It worked very well.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 3:18:51 PM EDT
I used a spanner wrench we have here at work, but you could use a pair of channel locks and wrap the jaws and teeth with electrical tape, as M4 said.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 8:13:26 PM EDT
I put a little blue Locktite on the threads then tightened with a pair of channel locks with a piece of leather under the jaws. I finished with a little tapping on one of the indentations with a brass drift. Hoppy
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 11:40:34 PM EDT
Depends which type nut you have. If you havr the type with holes- then it is a #4. If you have the notch type- I don't know, but can fond out for you. Hope this helps. just IM me if you need me to find out the notch size.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 12:43:56 PM EDT
If you have the nut with you just take it to the hardware store with you.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 1:21:53 PM EDT
If it's the old kind of nut, with the 1/8" holes, find a Snap-On guy and get the Bluepoint #APS351B spanner. It's always worth having the correct tools on hand... why risk marking your prized weapon? An expedient method, in lieu of the proper tool, is to insert a 1/8" pin punch in the hole. Using the punch as a lever, tighten by hand, and finish up by tapping along the side of the punch with a brass hammer. FITTER
Top Top