Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2003 4:49:01 PM EDT
At least for now.  Other upgrades are in the works.

ASA lower
Bushmaster internals
Rock River upper from ADCO (fast&cheap!:)
ACE Skeleton stock
Leupold QD rings
Tasco 3.5-10x Titan scope

www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?UV=513514307958_30528096903&collid=90744949703&photoid=22498096903&page=1

I'm into it about $1000 as it sits and about $960 once I swap out the lower for the RR NM.

This lower will go on an M4gery project.

Jim
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#1]
thats one sweet looking rifle. if i were u id get the PSG-1 grip just to finish off the sniper look :)
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 11:06:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Im still working on my first rifle project, but have had some time to think about what I'd like to do next and its pretty close to what you have here. Very nice rifle, and after seeing yours now, I feel eager to get through this first one so I can make something similar.

What is the barrel lenght? I'm having a hard time understanding the barrel lengths for the varmint rifle uppers.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 5:00:26 AM EDT
[#3]
what's that flared floorplate on your mag? Where can I get one of those?????
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 7:48:23 AM EDT
[#4]
That is a very sweet looking rifle man!!!
I bet it shoots as it looks. How is the balance I see you have a heavy barrel and Ace skeleton (light) isn't the rifle too heavy on front?

Let us know how it does at the reange.

P.S edited becauze I kan't zpell
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#5]
- I'll be getting a PSG or G-3 style grip a little later.  I like the G3 grip I have on my FAL.

- It's a 24" barrel.

- The mag is a one piece plastic waffle DPMS 10 rounder. I picked it up at the gun show last weekend.  It doesn't look like it dis-assembles, but I like the waffle look of it.

- You are correct about the rifle being unbalanced as pictured, which is why I'm swapping out the lower for a weighted A2 stock when I add the RRA NM lower.  I think this arrangement would work well with a regular 20" barrel though.

Before I got my upper, I was able to take this lower to the range a few weeks ago and attach it to my buddy's DPMS heavy barrel upper for testing.  It is way out of balance.  It may shoot OK off the bipod, though, I haven't tried that yet.  I was shooting it off a bag.

Jim
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#6]
where and for how much did u get that scope? Is it a decent scope? thnx
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 11:47:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I just copied and pasted the name of the scope into google and got several online shops where it was going for anywhere between $135-$165.

I havent bought my upper yet, and all day Ive been looking at this rifle, and thinking more about passing up the M4gery Im trying to do and doing one of these first. Soooo tempting. I must go meditate now, the choices are starting to hurt my head.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 11:56:35 PM EDT
[#8]

NICE!  [beer]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top