Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2003 8:21:06 PM EDT
I'm about to build my second AR-15 and I wanted to ask the board a couple of questions regarding upper assembly manufacturers. My first AR was built from a 16" C.A.R.(A2 upper) kit from Model 1 Sales, I'm pretty pleased with it so far, my question is this: Even with Bushmaster's rifle kits being one of the most expensive, is there any advantage to getting a kit from them ? Or is Model 1 good enough for home defense / shooting on weekends at the range ?

Lastly, I'll be building this rifle with an A3 upper and I want to use flip up front and rear sights. Should I order the kit with a milled front sight base or can I use a Weaver railed gas block with a flip up front sight ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm planning to buy my kit this week.

Thanks,

Two2Three
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 10:45:38 PM EDT
a few months ago i was in the same boat as u. I couldnt decide between jt distributing and a bushmaster m4 kit. I eventually went with bushmaster for a few reasons. one- they chrome the barrels and the bore. two- they have forged front sight bases and upper receivers. And third- the customer service is great and they make an exceptional AR-15.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 2:46:34 PM EDT
J&T also uses Forged front sight base as well as upper reciver,they don't use any castings! They also have chrome barrel & chamber in the M4 kit on request,for $50 extra. I have there 16" CAR kit and am well pleased with it!
Top Top