Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2003 1:03:32 PM EDT
Is there supposed to be any play in my pistol grip?  Mine seems to have some, not a lot but enough to be noticeable, maybe I can rock it 1/8" back and forth.  I was just wondering if this was normal or what I need to do.  I dont there is a way to get this screw any tighter because i wrapped a rag around the screwdriver and really tightened the hell out of it.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#1]
None of mine have any play whatsoever.  You may need a new lock washer to help tighten things up.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 1:50:44 PM EDT
[#2]
So, Calvert, you're a travelling man?? Wonder how many of us are??
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 2:24:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Sounds like your grip screw is bottoming out in the hole before it should. Either grind or file off a bit of the screw, or add a couple of flat washers to take up the play. Either fix will work to tighten it up. I wouldn't tighten your screw any more--some of the lowers aren't drilled all the way through and overtightening might damage your lower. Good luck.

Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#4]
A washer did the trick thanks bros.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 5:53:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So, Calvert, you're a travelling man?? Wonder how many of us are??
View Quote

I am one.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 6:37:09 AM EDT
[#6]
There are a few of Hiram's boys around here.  I get a few IM's from time to time...
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top