Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2003 10:01:46 AM EDT
Has anyone taken the pin out of a fixed collapable stock so that it can be shortened and repinned?

I was thinking that I could run a small metal screw into the roll pin and pull it out, adjust the stock sorter and drill and repin it.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes I have done this. It came out great. I used a Bushmaster CAR tube $24.99 and a CAR stock $12 used at gun show.
I drilled 2 holes for 1/8 inch roll pins and seated them flush, I pinned at the first extension. Weld over the pins and epoxy applied over that, its not coming apart!
I liked this stock length best (first extension hole)and shot awsome groups with it at this LOP.
It is way better than the full length pinning.

You can drill out the exsisting pins on yours but I felt better having a full length on and my shorty CAR stock around. I have the full length one on my BM 16 inch bbl and my short CAR stock on mt m4gery BM.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top