Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2003 7:06:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/24/2003 7:07:12 AM EDT by jsmith99]
I am considering installing either a KKF or Wilson Combat muzzle brake myself. How hard is it to thread the barrel and silver solder the brake? What tools would I need to do the job? Can I buy what I need at Brownells or some other place online? Lastly, which brake do you guys think is better at controlling muzzle climb (or maybe there is another brake I should consider)?

Thanks alot for the help.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:55:31 PM EDT
Kurt's TacBrake is about the best you'll find for muzzle climb... and it looks great... I'm rather mechanically adept, have built multiple AR's of various configurations, but when it came to threading and putting heat to my chrome lined barrels to install brakes I sent it off to KKF. I figure he does them everyday, I'm just a noob... and they came back perfect... [;)]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:40:12 PM EDT
The solder style must be done with 1100f heat. Or, a more preferred way, is to have the brake drilled, pinned, welded over, and turned down. This method uses a lower and less generalized heat. Either procedure will require the barrel to be re-parkerized, or at least the front.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:46:59 PM EDT
If you have a lathe and experience, knock it out. If not send it out. Get ahold of Mike at [url]www.ohiorapidfire.com[/url] he will be able to fix you right up, with out to much of a wait.
Top Top