Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/15/2003 7:09:08 PM EDT
I always wanted something close to an XM177E2, so here it is almost done...

The hairy white leg in the above picture is not related.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 8:03:31 PM EDT
I'm curious what you started with and what changes you made? I apologize if this has already been posted elsewhere I found this thread through the search.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 10:12:04 PM EDT
Is that legal for a post-ban?
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 11:50:09 PM EDT
I started with a no name heavy bbl. i turned it done to what looked right to me. Im not the precision one with machining. I turned down the bbl btwn the two front sight "hoops" so as to make it look light all the way thru. It would be legal for post ban if I took the bbl all the way thru to flashider slots. This will be going on preban colt, so it doesnt really matter.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 1:31:10 PM EDT
Nice work dude. Parkerize it and you'll be ready to rock.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 3:25:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Einrich: Nice work dude. Parkerize it and you'll be ready to rock.
View Quote
Thank you. [i]Hopefully[/i] everything works alright.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:37:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TopCrest: It would be legal for post ban if I took the bbl all the way thru to flashider slots. This will be going on preban colt, so it doesnt really matter.
View Quote
Just a word of caution, unless it's an NFA weapon, preban or not, you still need to permanantly attach the flash hider to meet the 16" rule. But you may already know this. BATF measures from the end of the fixed muzzle (end of bbl threads or end of permanantly attached muzzle device) to bolt face.
Top Top