I should be receiving my Model "1" kit (CAR-15) in the next couple days. I have virtually zero experience with the AR, but I definately see that this is going to be addictive. I guess my questions are:
1) What else will I need, or would come in handy during the initial build? Here is a list of the tools that I have:
- Brownells Magna-Tip Set
- Roll Pin Punch Set
- Roll Pin Installation Tool Set
- Pivot Pin Installation Tool
- USMC Tech Manual
- Various other tools
2) What should I be extra carefull of as I build.
3) After building when I go out to the range for the first time do I need to worry about blowing myself up?
4) What sort of cleaning process is recommended?
5) What break-in process should I follow?
Sorry for being so ignorant about all this stuff, but I really appreciate your help.
You will need a lot of patience if you machine out a partial completed lower.If you buy your lower already completed you won't have a hard job at all.