Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/7/2003 2:00:45 PM EDT
I tried posting this question on the barrels, etc. forum with no luck, so I moved it here.

I realize that a barrel and bolt set up for 7.62x39 are required, but what else is needed?
Would the A2 buffer be OK? As far as magazines go, would a different follower be needed, or an entirely different magazine?
Thanks, HarryD

Link Posted: 6/7/2003 2:32:49 PM EDT
i think you can use a .223 mag but only load 4-5 rounds of the 7.62 there are mags that are specifically for the 7.62, the usa mags work the best. i have gathered this info off this site. good luck,hope this helps
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 4:21:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By walttx: i think you can use a .223 mag but only load 4-5 rounds of the 7.62 there are mags that are specifically for the 7.62, the usa mags work the best. i have gathered this info off this site. good luck,hope this helps
View Quote
Actually you can use 6-8rds on a Colt or Adventureline 20rd mag. These are better to use because the follower will tilt to a certain extent. Not so with a 30 rounder especially with a green follower. YMMV with each mag. [b]HarryD[/b], you are good to go on the A2 buffer. I have a Colt M4 stock with the "H" buffer on my Colt 7.62x39 preban and it functions flawlessly.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:30:40 PM EDT
Thanks guys, I knew that someone had to have the info on this set-up. Very interesting in the magazines. I might be able to use some of my 20s, but all of my 30s have been updated w/ green followers (I saved the black ones, so I might try to re-fit a few). Also interesting on the USA 7.62x39 magazines to work well, as they don't have a good reputation in 5.56/.223!
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 11:52:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By HarryD: Thanks guys, I knew that someone had to have the info on this set-up. Very interesting in the magazines. I might be able to use some of my 20s, but all of my 30s have been updated w/ green followers (I saved the black ones, so I might try to re-fit a few). Also interesting on the USA 7.62x39 magazines to work well, as they don't have a good reputation in 5.56/.223!
View Quote
Yup, that was just about the "only" mag that USA Magazines made that was worth buying.
Top Top