Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/4/2003 10:03:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/4/2003 10:04:17 PM EDT by TopCrest]
Parents got me an old Southbend 13x30 metal lathe for my 21st birthday. I'm learning extremely quickly how to do all sorts of cool shit with it. Best goddamned present ever, next to my Glock for my 14th.

So I got my Advantage Arms 22 conversion kit for my Glock the other day. Coolest thing ever, she functions beautifully with the right ammo (Remington Golden Bullets) and hits dead on. The only problem is that it has no threaded barrel for the suppressor I will picking shortly now that I am 21.

The threaded barrel costs $65 and has some funky 3/8" thread on it. I didnt feel like paying or waiting for it, so I made a tread adapter myself...

It's difficult to see, but I drill out the barrel about .70 back to 11/32" to accept a 3/8x24 thread inside the barrel.

Then I found an old demilled M16 barrel stub that still had the threads on it. I stuck it on the chop saw and cut back about 3/4 from the shoulder of thread. I turned down the barrel behind the thread to about .40 and threaded that to 3/8x24 to screw into the barrel leaving the 1/2x28 male thread exposed to accept a suppressor. That was my fun for the night as I stayed in cuz I have to get up at 5am to go flying.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:42:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/5/2003 4:42:47 AM EDT by Elbudster]
Wow. Your parents gave you a glock for your 14th birthday? My birthday is on June 13th and when I asked my parents what I am getting for my 15th birthday I got the reply "Its a suprise!". Oh joy. Lathes are pretty fun to use, we made screw drivers in my tech ed class.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:16:18 AM EDT
What are ya flying??
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:37:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/5/2003 7:37:44 AM EDT by ZRH]
Parents gave you Glock for your 14th birthday... Wow. My parents only buy me guns with [b]my[/b] money (Im 17). Either way, cool project. My uncle has a machine shop so we are always makin' stuff over there. What you need next is a milling machine or some cold rollers.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:23:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/5/2003 3:24:28 PM EDT by hkump45]
Damn you guys, I lived in IL when I was 14, and Daly had already enacted most of his antigun stuff, not to mention my parents were real wusses when it came to guns. Edited to fix my bad spelling.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:40:33 PM EDT
Elbudster: Wow. Your parents gave you a glock for your 14th birthday? My birthday is on June 13th and when I asked my parents what I am getting for my 15th birthday I got the reply "Its a suprise!". Oh joy.
View Quote
ZRH: Parents gave you Glock for your 14th birthday... Wow. My parents only buy me guns with my money (Im 17).
View Quote
TopCrest: Parents got me an old Southbend 13x30 metal lathe for my 21st birthday. I'm learning extremely quickly how to do all sorts of cool shit with it. Best goddamned present ever, next to my Glock for my 14th
View Quote
Damn you guys are lucky.. My parents are being hypocrites.. Mom let Dad buy 2 Uzis and a Streetsweeper before the ban was inacted. I've been shooting all of them for over 12 years (I'm 19) and they responded negatively when I suggested 4 months ago that I would buy a rifle. I don't understand this part: Mom wants me to have a handgun, not a rifle.[>:/] I'm confused.. Anyways, now comes the good part: On Tuesday, once the last parts arrive, I get to assemble it and tell them that I bought one. Should be interesting, to say the least. [Aside]They should know that it is coming, or at least expect it. They've seen 2 packages arrive from Bushmaster, countless catalogs, ammo, operator and technical manuals, and one of those little fundraiser "thermometer" type charts showing what parts I own of the whole[/Aside] TopCrest: What are you hiding in those pics with that white box?
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 2:21:07 PM EDT
Serial numbers perhaps? DIAS?
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 2:34:21 PM EDT
^^ ATF.... RUN!!!!!!!! j/k man
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:16:39 PM EDT
Me and my brother bought a three axis CNC Milling machine a few months ago, we have been machining model aircraft parts. Can't wait to get my rifle, three weeks I hope. Than we are going to get a 4th axis for it so I can engrave barrels and stuff. man CNC is awesome, everyone should have one.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:03:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/8/2003 8:06:35 PM EDT by ZRH]
Dont those cost on the upwards of $30k?
Top Top