Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/2/2003 8:51:46 AM EDT
I don't have a kit or reciever and have very little experience with AR's. My brother has an AR-10 and overall it does not seem that complicated to me. How hard is to build an AR-15 from a stripped lower and one of those J&T kits? What kind of special tools do I need? I went to the Mid Missouri AR15.com shoot this weekend and had a really good time.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:41:52 AM EDT
Print this;[url]ar15.com/content/docs/assembly/lower/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:24:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/2/2003 10:25:35 AM EDT by philsAR]
FWIW- I've built one, buying more parts for 2nd build as we speak. Shot'em for years. The only special tools I would buy are roll pin punches. The instructions list a couple of others, but you really don't need them. Here are the ones I bought. BTW the instructions are great and if you have any mechanical ability at all you can build one from the kit. Lyman 4-Piece Roll Pin Punch Set, from [url=http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe/browse?TabID=4&CategoryID=8826&CategoryString=649+***]Midway[/url] Scroll to near bottom of page Product #: 191653 Status: Available Price: $10.21 under $14 shipped. These punches help keep the punch attached to the roll pin while driving. It is possible to get by w/o these, and some folks do get by w/o them. IMHO they really help. good luck! I hope the "Black Rifle Desease" bug doesn't bite too hard. [url=users.zoominternet.net/~pcfitz]P.I.G.S.[/url]
Top Top