Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2003 8:51:46 AM EDT
I don't have a kit or reciever and have very little experience with AR's.  My brother has an AR-10 and overall it does not seem that complicated to me.  How hard is to build an AR-15 from a stripped lower and one of those J&T kits?  What kind of special tools do I need?  I went to the Mid Missouri AR15.com shoot this weekend and had a really good time.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:41:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Print this;[url]ar15.com/content/docs/assembly/lower/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#2]
FWIW- I've built one, buying more parts for 2nd  build as we speak.  Shot'em for years.
The only special tools I would buy are roll pin punches.  The instructions list a couple of others, but you really don't need them.  Here are the ones I bought.  BTW the instructions are great and if you have any mechanical ability at all you can build one from the kit.

Lyman 4-Piece Roll Pin Punch Set, from [url=http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe/browse?TabID=4&CategoryID=8826&CategoryString=649+***]Midway[/url]
Scroll to near bottom of page Product #: 191653
Price: $10.21
under $14 shipped.

These punches help keep the punch attached to the roll pin while driving.  It is possible to get by w/o these, and some folks do get by w/o them.  IMHO they really help.

good luck!  I hope the "Black Rifle Desease" bug doesn't bite too hard.

[url=users.zoominternet.net/~pcfitz]P.I.G.S.[/url]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top