Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/29/2003 4:27:12 AM EDT
I feel like such a moron, as I try to keep up on these things.

But I see in SGN a relatively sweet deal on Armscorp lowers and before Panzerboy The Cheap coughs up any of his miniscule hard-earned cash, I figured I should get the straight skinny on 'em.

It's either that or Oly...

Anybody have any input?

The ASA lowers I bought a while back are excellent, BTW, and one was built into a 20" that looks and shoots as well as any factory rifle on the line.

But now it's time for This Year's Project.

Unless I can get Bushy lowers for a bill and a half, I'm still looking for the Rock Bottom Deal...

Yes, I know...I should practice what I preach and quit buying cheap...it's the horse trader in me that just feels like such a stupe paying more than anyone else, or, heaven forbid, RETAIL.

So...What's the story on Armscorp lower receivers?

Panz
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#1]
what's the price in SGN for that?  Need it for comparison purposes.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 1:09:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I have no experience with armscorp but I have heard no negatives. Bushy are good but seem to want to price themselves out of reach. I recently used a Rock River to put one together for a friend and I must say that it is much tighter than my bushy. I think he paid about 130 after tax an nics.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:31:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I now have built 6 rifles on Oly lowers look good work great
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#4]
[b]Armscor[/b] (Arms Corporation of the Phillipines) is the manufacturer of M-16's for the Phillipine Armed Forces. Theoretically it is a mil-spec receiver, but third-world metallurgy can be very questionable. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I see Rock River lowers advertised for one bill each in the SGN, Just bought 3 they are very nice.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#6]
eagle arms stripped lowers 99 dollars.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I tried a while ago to get some information from anyone who had purchased an Armscorp lower and never received any response. So I purchased a Eagle Arms lower and a Rock River lower. When I compare to 2 side by side it's a no brainer. I'll be ordering another Eagle Arms lower for my next builds.

Sarge
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Armscor and Armscorp are two different entities.
Armscorp is an outfit located in Baltimore
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:49:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Mega lowers are $89.00, look on the equipment exchange forums.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top