Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/24/2003 7:44:51 PM EDT
I have been trying to find 2 or 3 AR-15 80% LOWERS to finish.

I have been haveing trouble track them down. Thay are not in stock or I don't get any response from the distributors.

If anyone could pass along a good place to find a couple of 80% lowers it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

STARK
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The main producer has been encountering production problems and that is backing up the availability from everyone.  

I have two on hand we can make a deal on

[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:42:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Try here. His should be out soon.

[url]www.kristitool.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:54:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I had won (2) Tannery Shop Lowers at auction before Christmas.  Then William got activated and turned the orders over to this other company.  I had contacted them several times to check the status of the order.  I to this date, have not received them.

I am sure when William returns, he will straighten it out.  Until then, my project is on hold.

OSA
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:52:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw at the hyperlink where they offer a 1 day trainning class.  Anybody have any information on what this is?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:57:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had won (2) Tannery Shop Lowers at auction before Christmas.  Then William got activated and turned the orders over to this other company.  I had contacted them several times to check the status of the order.  I to this date, have not received them.

I am sure when William returns, he will straighten it out.  Until then, my project is on hold.

OSA
View Quote

[blue]I too placed an order back in Dec , I finally got my lowers in March. Try giving them a call back, especially if you paid for them already. Good luck [/blue]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I saw at the hyperlink where they offer a 1 day trainning class.  Anybody have any information on what this is?

Thanks
View Quote

I think you are referring to the BBQ's. KT holds Build-it-Yourself BBQ a few times a year. He provides the machinery and expertise for you to finish your 80%, using his equipment, at no charge. He had one this weekend geared primarily for 1911s and SIG P228s.

The next one, in July was supposed to be for AR10/AR15 builds, but this may change. He just got the billet stock for his KT15's and doesn't know if he will get them machined and back from the shop that EDM Cuts the magwells in time. I also think he has some KT10 80% that he has to work on prior to the KT15s.

I don't have any involvement in his business, but this was the 3rd BBQ I've attended. I've got one of his P228s and a 1911 and he showed me his  KT10 308 lowers and they look great. I even got a chance to fire his first production model using an Armalite AR10 upper and it worked great. It uses a standard AR15 lower kit, except for the takedown pins, buffer spring & buffer.

They aren't casts, but are CNC machined from solid aluminum blocks, which he sends out to have the magwells EDM cut so they are more expensive than cast lowers. The firecontrol area and magwell are complete. The pin holes are marked, so even blueprints aren't required to complete them. Like with other 80% lowers, the buffer tube hole has to be drilled to size and tapped.

You can view his KT10 lower at [url]www.ktordnance.com/newpics.html[/url] (note: the magwell on this particular sample has yet to be cut). The KT15s will be similar to the KT10.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:10:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

[blue]I too placed an order back in Dec , I finally got my lowers in March. Try giving them a call back, especially if you paid for them already. Good luck [/blue]
View Quote

I no longer have the jig or tooling in hand.  Had to forfeit my turn back in March.  Hopefully William will have a speedy return.  He has always treated me fairly in the past.

OSA
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top