Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2003 7:18:13 PM EDT
Ok gang,

I used to be a company armorer back in the 70's so I think I can do this. I've read the AR15 primer and am wondering if you would go with the Model 1 Sales or one of the other companies that sell stripped lowers and complete upper kits.

Any suggestions?

Big AL
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:14:19 PM EDT
If it were me, I would go with J&T Distributing, if you're going to build a rifle. I have read more positive responses about J&T than Model 1, plus I got my kit from J&T[:D]. Just get a quality, forged stripped lower and you're on your way. Good luck!!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:40:49 AM EDT
GSSP, It depends on what you are looking to build. If you are looking for a typical A2 style rifle, then go with J&T Distributing. The service they seem to provide is outstanding. If you are looking to go with a chrome barrel, you may want to look around. My next build is going to be a 20" A3 (removable carry handle). I want something a little different, so I will be going with an Olympic Arms SS barrel for something that will shoot just a little better. This gives me the option of throwing on optics and changing the platform later on. The rest of my AR15s have chrome barrels, so I guess I am just looking for something different with this build.
Top Top