Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 2:41:45 PM EDT
Hey everyone just had some questions before I get myself in to this hobby. I have read most of the most in this section but still have a few questions.

1. I was planning on waiting until the next gunshot in my area before purchasing, my first AR15 (and First personal rifle). My family had rifles growing up, but none of them were mine. Will I save money by waiting until the gunshow, Houston area, even in a kit form?

2. I see that most of the posters recommend the J&T kit for the upper. Does anyone have a link to their site or another with more information on it?

3. I think I want a bushy lower. From what I read bushmaster seems to bee the best all around manufacturer. Out there. Any other suggestions or preferences.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks
PJ
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 3:20:57 PM EDT
[#1]
www.jtdistributing.com
Also check out the industry forum
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:11:25 PM EDT
[#2]
thx for the weblink and the direction
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:00:56 PM EDT
[#3]
1 more question, do any of the kit companies sell a kit made from just bushamster parts, or would i be better off just buying a complet upper from bushmaster.

I would like to build my self if there is a bushmaster kit floating around.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:15:59 PM EDT
[#4]
FYI
If you wait for the next gunshot in you're neighborhood to purchase, It may be the last gunshot you ever hear.
Pro-active is much safer that Re-active!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#5]
bushmaster sells kits in their catalog and on the website.  so does dpms.  i'd stick with bushmaster just for the chrome lined barrel.  at a gunshow you'll be lucky if the prices are fair...usually everything is overpriced.  order your stuff online (except the receiver) and you'll know exactly what you're getting and where it's coming from.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Just wanted to mention the Bushmaster lower will be less of a fit with the J&T than a DPMS due to finish.

The least expensive way to go is a stripped lower and complete kit.  You will find it hard to beat the quality of the Colt trigger system offered by J&T.

I do love my Bushmaster M4 especially the chrome lined barrel but my J&T is as good a rifle for reliability and acuracy.

Food for thought.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:48:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys, the more I read, and look into everything I can't wait to get my first. This site is wonderful. If anybody else has any suggestions please don't hesitate to let me know
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top