Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2003 7:35:40 PM EDT
to make more capicity  like c&s metal works does  with the drum mags i just want to weld 2 20 round mags to make a 40 rounder for my fal  thanks
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#1]
It is my understanding that as long as both donor mags are preban, and both mags still fit the firearm for which they were originally designed, that it's legal.

So welding 2 pre-ban 20rd FAL mags together into one larger capacity FAL mag should be ok.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:05:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I would imagine that the only way you could do it would be to weld them bottom to bottom so each mag could be used in its original firearm.  I don't think you could say use two 20 round mags to make a 40 round capacity mag ,with continuous feed, without flipping the mag.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:28:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Go here:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=55&t=55810[/url]

Email the guy who mkes those mags and ask him what he thinks or if he can make you some.

I have some of the 55round steel AK mags he put together and they are really great.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top