Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2003 5:54:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/14/2003 5:56:11 AM EDT by bmwguy]
Finally completed my M4 project last night.

The receiver is a Eagle Arms by Armalite came from Quantico Arms, paid 90.00 plus tax, no FFL transfer fee because we were lucky that Quantico Arms is local so I picked it up. Customer service was great, highly recommend for buying a quality lower receiver.

Rest of the components were from RRA from Steve from ADCO. Steve got me everything I needed with quick responses and the price was excellent. Best of all, Steve charges $4.00 flat shipping rate. Can't beat that with a stick!

Total cost for complete upper, lower parts set, and stock plus sling was around 500.00. I highly recommend Steve for ALL your AR15 needs.
www.adcofirearms.com

I was thinking of a complete parts kit from from JT, but I wanted some name recognition not that the JT kits are bad, but went with RRA parts since this is my first build.

On a scale of 1-10, I have to rate this build around 3, I only assembled the lower parts and the stock as the M4 upper came completed from Steve.

I was able to complete the lower in about 1 1/2 hours as the pivot pin detent went airborne and I had to search the @!##~@ pin for 1/2 hour! Other than the flying pin, it went w/o a hitch.
What worked for my after the AWOL detent pin was feeler gauges for valve adjustment for car, it worked perfectly to press the pin down yet, thin enough for the Pivot pin to slide in.

Without further adeu: Here's the pics noticed that there is a slight color variation between the upper and lower but it is so minor, it's not even an issue.

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:24:12 AM EDT
I just completed lower build yesterday for my SP1 upper (will cut off the bayonet lug and put on a muzzle break inplace of flash suppressor) using a RRA lower (Sable Co). I tried to order a Eagle Arms (Quantico Arms Co) stripped lower but they were out of them. I was able to compare my RRA lower to my Eagle Arms lower after the build and I prefer the Eagle Arms. I found that the RRA lower was functional but I found the lettering to be shallow and hard to read depending on the angle of the light hitting it. I can say that when I pickup my next receiver that it will be an Eagle Arms. Sarge
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:47:26 AM EDT
Looks great, bmwguy. Had the same thing happen to me with the detent and spring. After a little while on my hands and knees searching was lucky to find it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:34:16 AM EDT
looks good!! i also built mine on an eagle arms lower and i am very pleased, i used a j&t lower parts kit and put an ACE stock on it. come payday im gonna order a dissipator upper for it from model 1 sales. im actually gonna go ahead and get the kit since its only 15 bucks more, looks like im going to have to start on a another AR!![:D] [img]http://www.fototime.com/{EF06C2AC-A41D-4032-A210-3A7EAFE60D81}/picture.JPG[/img]
Top Top