Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/10/2003 3:47:15 PM EDT
I just got my kit.
When I started to clean the excessive oil, my cleaning rod stopped inside the barrel.
It looks like there is a hole drilled into the barrel from the top front sight with a burr on the inside of the barrel.
Is this normal?-Is it6 dangerous?
I didn't think it was ok to have a hole break thru to the inside.
Please advise.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:06:12 PM EDT
That is the gas port to make the rifle semiauto-- without a hole it'd be a bolt action repeater. The bur is not uncommon and should "shoot" down within a few (dozen?) rounds. Enjoy your new toy. Otto
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:21:10 PM EDT
I had this on my rifle: took two rounds to make it disappear. [:)] Happy shooting!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:25:53 PM EDT
Yep the TN Redneck fix or cure. Put a few rounds through her. Actually had a buddy that had a Nagant so rusted he couldn't clean it so he viced it up and pulle the trigger with a string from way back. Did the trick! Kidding aside, that should do the trick.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:34:20 PM EDT
What kit did you get ?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:20:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/10/2003 5:21:25 PM EDT by merc68]
Hey Thanks guys-I feel a whole lot better now. I was thinking I got something that got drilled a little too deep. I got an A2 kit with the 20"barrel and a fixed tac-brake, from J&T. I like these guys-I haven't even completed this and I want another. All the parts (except the mag catch and spring)went right together-perfect fits. The instructions said that the front spring and pin is the most difficult. Actually that was fairly easy. I thought the hammer was hard. The kit was missing the magazine catch and spring-so I can't complete it tonight-rats
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:15:23 PM EDT
This is very normal and should clear up by the second round. J&T kits are of very good quality. Enjoy and Happy shooting. BR
Top Top