Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/10/2002 5:40:16 AM EDT
Has anyone here built a JT kit with an eagle arms lower?

If so, is the fit and color match good?
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 8:36:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Just finished this combo.  Fit was perfect.  The Eagle lower is a flat black finish.  The J&T (and most I have seen) is a semiblack finish.  The color is close when you clean off the preservative oil on the upper and oil the lower.  I could not have been more pleased with the finished rifle.  This was my first AR and it went without a hitch.  Some minor parts, such as the bolt catch, may have a different finish from all other parts.  This is also true of most parts kits I have seen.  Does not distract at all.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just finished this combo.  Fit was perfect.  The Eagle lower is a flat black finish.  The J&T (and most I have seen) is a semiblack finish.  The color is close when you clean off the preservative oil on the upper and oil the lower.  I could not have been more pleased with the finished rifle.  This was my first AR and it went without a hitch.  Some minor parts, such as the bolt catch, may have a different finish from all other parts.  This is also true of most parts kits I have seen.  Does not distract at all.  
View Quote

That's good to hear!  What configuration did you build?  How does it shoot?
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 4:57:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Built a 16 inch, fluted barrel shorty with tact brake.  Used Tact stock which I find a little short.  I have a 1 inch extension to install this weekend.  Oddly, I have not had the opportunity to shoot it yet, but field checks show everything working properly.  With the short barrel, I am not looking for target grade accuracy.  I have a pre-ban Colt for that.  By the way, the Eagle lower looks better than the Colt.  I just wanted to build the shortest possible workable AR 15 rifle.

In my opinion, the computer controlled machinery used today to produce parts does that so well that a gun that does not shoot well would be odd indeed.  (assuming you buy from a reputable supplier)  Also, I opine that this is remarkable in light of the fact that the M-16 is a throw-away rifle, never intended to have a long life like the earlier M-14s, M-1s and 1903s.  When new developments in military arms come along the gun can be trashed and replaced cheaply.  This is not to say it is a bad rifle, just built with a different intention.  I expect I will get some heat for this.  Keep in mind, the M-16 will get very hard use and poor maintenance compared to the average AR-15 so there is a big difference.  It is an extremely simple piece of work with little machining required.  I think it is a work of pure genius.  John McP
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top