Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/26/2002 8:19:15 PM EDT
I ordered a lower parts kit. I also bought a Rock River NM trigger because I wanted a nice trigger that I thought was robust, could use standard springs, and was compatable with an ambi safety. I recieved an Armalite NM trigger. Should I send it back or keep it? This is the part that held up the order, and I think they just substituted (without asking me). So, before I mar it up, my questions are:

1) Is it as nice as a RR two stage?
2) Will it work with an ambi safety? I was told the RRA would.
3) Is it as robust as a RR or will it need constant adjustment? This lower is going to see some moderatley rough training use.
4) Can I use standard springs if something goes wrong and I'm in a pinch? I was told the RRA would?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 9:34:40 PM EDT
I believe the RRA is a direct copy of the Armalite NM trigger. Who was the vendor who did the switch without letting you know first? I'd like to know.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 11:06:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 7:30:38 AM EDT
RRA 2-stage is a direct copy of Armalite's trigger. Consider yourself lucky. RRA triggers go for $95 on sale, when Armalites best price I have seen is $120.
This lower is going to see some moderatley rough training use
View Quote
Not sure if you really want a 2-stage trigger if it is a tactical weapon, other than a sniper rifle. You may want to consider an adjustable single stage like the JARD to get the reduced trigger pull you desire. I would not recommend standard springs with a 2-stage. Ditto with FALARAK, who was the vendor?
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 5:36:02 PM EDT
you can get armalite twostage sets for 90.00 at fulton armory
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 9:04:26 AM EDT
Be happy with the Armalite. It is a damn good two-stage trigger.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 3:20:48 PM EDT
I have only handled TWO Armalite DCM rifles. I ahve tried BOTH triggers. BOTH blew monkey nuts! Both 1st stages felt like they were in a sand bath. My RRA in my std a2 is incredible. Period. New paragraph. The End. End book.
Top Top