Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/26/2002 8:19:15 PM EDT
I ordered a lower parts kit. I also bought a Rock River NM trigger because I wanted a nice trigger that I thought was robust, could use standard springs, and was compatable with an ambi safety. I recieved an Armalite NM trigger. Should I send it back or keep it? This is the part that held up the order, and I think they just substituted (without asking me). So, before I mar it up, my questions are:

1) Is it as nice as a RR two stage?
2) Will it work with an ambi safety?  I was told the RRA would.
3) Is it as robust as a RR or will it need constant adjustment? This lower is going to see some moderatley rough training use.  
4) Can I use standard springs if something goes wrong and I'm in a pinch?  I was told the RRA would?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 9:34:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe the RRA is a direct copy of the Armalite NM trigger.

Who was the vendor who did the switch without letting you know first?  I'd like to know.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 11:06:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 7:30:38 AM EDT
[#3]
RRA 2-stage is a direct copy of Armalite's trigger.  Consider yourself lucky.  RRA triggers go for $95 on sale, when Armalites best price I have seen is $120.  

This lower is going to see some moderatley rough training use
View Quote

Not sure if you really want a 2-stage trigger if it is a tactical weapon, other than a sniper rifle.  You may want to consider an adjustable single stage like the JARD to get the reduced trigger pull you desire.    

I would not recommend standard springs with a 2-stage.

Ditto with FALARAK, who was the vendor?
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 5:36:02 PM EDT
[#4]
you can get armalite twostage sets for 90.00 at fulton armory
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 9:04:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Be happy with the Armalite. It is a damn good two-stage trigger.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I have only handled TWO Armalite DCM rifles. I ahve tried BOTH triggers.

BOTH blew monkey nuts!

Both 1st stages felt like they were in a sand bath.

My RRA in my std a2 is incredible.

Period.
New paragraph.
The End.
End book.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top