Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/22/2002 2:48:00 AM EDT
For my M4gery Colt project I'm building from the ground up, I'm curious to hear what people think is one of the better gas tubes on the market.
I do not want an adjustible one like Fulton sells.
Are there any brands that stand out? It'll be going under a SIR-m, and have a PRI front flipper. Colt A3 & Colt barrel.
Thanks,
-Steve
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 7:46:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/22/2002 7:46:43 AM EDT by SBR7_11]
Buy a tube anywhere, they're all the same part. The only people having tube trouble are those with M-16 that dump mag after mag in a continous cycle, and have money to blow on toasted barrels.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 9:05:13 AM EDT
Just make sure it's the correct length for your handguard length/barrel. (I agree w/ SBR, why pay more for the super, special, full-auto, double thick, extra heavy, double chrome lined, titanium coated, double helixed, 4 times the price gas-tube that's probably no better or worse maybe identical to a stock one). KISS, work for me. Mike
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:09:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By mr_wilson: Just make sure it's the correct length for your handguard length/barrel. (I agree w/ SBR, why pay more for the super, special, full-auto, double thick, extra heavy, double chrome lined, titanium coated, double helixed, 4 times the price gas-tube that's probably no better or worse maybe identical to a stock one). KISS, work for me. Mike
View Quote
You forgot tactical! [;)] I'm just getting back into this, so I didn't know if there was something out there worth looking into. Thanks, -Steve
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:45:57 AM EDT
A friend of mine swears by the standard Fulton Armory tubes. He really likes the clean bends they have in theirs. Personally, I haven't seen much difference, but I'll still lean to Fulton or BM unless I need one of the mid-length beasties.
Top Top