Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/21/2002 8:58:35 AM EDT
I am building a postban Colt AR-15A1 clone (No shell deflector) and I am a left hand shooter. Is it possible to adjust the ejection pattern of this upper to allow me to shoot it without eating brass? I remember reading somewhere about how to adjust the pattern on an AR-10. It seems like takeing a coil off of the ejector spring did the trick. Will this work with the AR-15?

Thanks,
Jason
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 9:08:10 AM EDT
I believe this will not be necessary as I shoot lefty and have shot a couple old SP1s w/ no problem, but the answer to your question is [b]YES[/b]. You can snip 1 or 2 rounds off the ejector spring, (my suggestion is buy a "field repair parts" kits and modify the the e-spring outta the kit saving the original just incase ya clip too much, and just snip one round at a time). Mike
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 11:07:10 AM EDT
Thanks for the quick reply. I will give it a try if my brass tastes bad. Jason
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 11:32:07 AM EDT
Shooting an M16A1 lefty for twelve years only left me eating brass once. I got a piece caught between my right cheek (my face [:)]) and the chin strap on my helmet during a competition at Perry. Other than that single incident, I had no problems. I found the old plastic brass deflectors deflected brass back into the action more often than not.
Top Top