Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/18/2002 7:51:28 PM EDT
I have finally gotten most of my projects done a want to start a few new ones for the winter.

I have been doing my homework and reading up on current laws and such for the manufacture of firearms for personal use. It is my understanding that a indivdual make make a firearm as long as if comforms to all Federal,state and local laws.

This brings me to a few questions that may have come up in the past that I may have missed.
First, my plan is too design a 9mm pistol.
This design will incorporate ideas taken from the Cobray M-11 and Intgram Tec-9 (for a upper reciever) and use a standard Ar lower.
I would like the bolt to slide over the barrel (ie M-11) but the issue im running in to is that the upper reciever will have to extend out beyond the front of the mag well, will the ATF consider this to be a shroud that can be held by a non-shooting hand and not get burnt? It not like all thats under there is the barrel, its also were the bolt rides inside the reciever.
I should get some more time to work on it this weekend, to see if I can make this work (and get it under 50oz).

If anyone has some info, let me know, the more the better.

Thanks,
Z

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top