Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/14/2002 11:15:16 AM EDT
A local gun shop is selling lowers for $89.99. They claim a good customer works for the subcontractor located in New Britain, Connecticut that makes lowers for Bushmaster, Rock River and others. The "good" customer made the lowers available to the owner of the store. The lowers are marked Century Arms (sometown, I forget), Vermont. They said that Century Arms ordered 100 lowers and canceled out on the deal. The owner of the store claims he is passing along a good deal to his customers. Do you agree ?
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 11:32:21 AM EDT
A god price to me would be like $5.

Link Posted: 11/14/2002 11:40:56 AM EDT
I'm pretty Sure God gets them free
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 11:44:10 AM EDT
What gun shop is that? I think it's a good deal and I live in CT. Let me know.

thanks,

Chris
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 11:48:24 AM EDT
"Look upon my majesty and tremble! I have come forth from beyond the gates of Heaven in search of a decently priced lower so that I may while away the afternoons freaking out the angels by shooting at cans from my back porch. Also, what would be a better lube, Rem-Oil or one of the newer lithium based lubes? Never mind! I am omnipotent. Heh heh, just a little joke I like to play on you humans, sort of like that "No adultery" thing I gave to Moses. Nn sense of humor on that guy, and bad breath? Whew! Won't be holding him to close in my arms I can tell you."
Seriously though,
Where ya in CT? I am in Bridgeport, and would like to go see one to see if it is worth it. Also I thought Bushmaster made their own lowers.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 11:49:48 AM EDT
God wouldnt need an AR lower. He could just crash the Sun into someone if he wanted to..

$90 for a stripped lower is a good deal though!
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 12:07:12 PM EDT
Are they cast or forged lower receivers??????? I wouldnt bother with cast myself. Just got a forged lower an Oly. for $90.00.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 1:22:51 PM EDT
I just finished my latest M4gery on a Century Arms forged lower and they are top quality. My RRA lowers have the same serial # prefixes starting with CM**** as the Century. I believe the Gun Parts(Numrich) lowers that are selling like hotcakes right now also are made by Continental Machine.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 4:43:51 PM EDT
The dealer cost on an Oly is $82, so with the shipping, $90 is a very good deal to walk in & walk out with it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 8:36:41 PM EDT
The store is Hoffman's On the Berlin Turnpike in Newington, CT near the Hartford line. "Guns for the Good Guys"
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 7:37:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/15/2002 7:42:19 AM EDT by kikomax]
There is a guy on Assault web selling these for 80 each or 2 for 75 plus shipping. Supposedly the same supplier to RRA.

Here ya go assaultweb.net/ubb/Forum12/HTML/208837.html
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 10:41:52 AM EDT
Those lowers are top quality. The only down side is they are stamped with Century Arms on the side, and they have a bad rep. Century no longer deals in AR lowers and sold them out for $75 a few months ago. At $90 from the dealer it is a good price IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 4:22:40 PM EDT
I bought one of the RRA lowers with the CM**** serial numbers from Hoffman's last year for $110. Very nice lowers. I was told by the person working the counter that the lower was made in Connecticut by a local manufacturer. "Continental Machine" sounds about right. $90 sounds like a good price for quality lower. You may find a cheaper price on the web, but buying it locally lets you avoid the shipping costs. Better yet, you get to support a local gun shop. Anyway...take a look at the lower. The finish on the RRA lower they sold me was was perfect. Let me know how it turns out.
Top Top