Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/11/2002 11:24:55 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with the Jard Inc. single stage trigger?

I'm between the Jard and a ASA(American Spirit Arms) It's just like a RRA or Armalite, but no adjustments.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 5:55:08 PM EDT
I have one in my lower and love it nice single stage trigger very easy to set also Hope this helps
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 7:03:20 PM EDT
How many rounds have you put thru it? Any double fires? Was it easy to install. It looks different on how the springs attach around the pins. Any complaints with it at all? I was concerned with all the adjustment screws that they may work loose or change over time. I know they said to use lock-tite.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 11:31:32 AM EDT
Just got my ASA(American Spirit Arms) 2 stage trigger. Guess what? Suprise it's actually a RRA NM trigger. Don't know which is cheaper $$$$
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 8:26:48 PM EDT
I tried the JARD trigger in the ASA lower. It didn't work at all. the sear adjustment screw that goes through the pistol grip screw hole has to go all of the way through. The ASA lower is not threaded all of the way through.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 9:26:20 AM EDT
There are three single stage triggers out there. JARD, Accuracy speaks, and JP enterprises. Of the three, Accuracy speaks is the only one with no screws. He reworks the angles of the sear and the nose length of the trigger. JP uses a front and rear screw to set the sear engagement and overtravel. JARD is way different beast. JARD will provide the lowest trigger pull. so if you looking for less than 3lb JARD is the only safe way to go. But for me, too many screws. I started with the JP and have had good luck with them. But every lower I used, has required tuning to get a crisp 3-4lb trigger. My Colt lower was the worst. Holes in were crooked. So if you want a drop in, Accuracy speaks. I recommend you buy Accuracy speaks book on building AR and read his section on triggers before you decide great book, discuss's his products and others.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 7:05:03 PM EDT
Have any of you that have used the JARD trigger experienced light hammer hits on primers? Does it reliably fire all ammunition?
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 6:09:40 AM EDT
I have a JP trigger. The instructions warn if using military ammo the hammer strike may not be hard enough. I have never had a problem in the last 3 years. I have fired all kinds of ammo.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 12:34:42 PM EDT
FWIW, Chuck Taylor recommends a JARD and Bill Wilson supplies his ARs with JP triggers.
Top Top