Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/5/2002 12:23:05 PM EDT
Looking for a scope that mounts to the carry handle of the AR15 and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.... any help???
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#1]
The ACOGs seem to be well liked, but might be more than "an arm and a leg" (depending on your definition).  It all really depends on what you want to do with it.  

Also check out the optics, mounts, and sights forum.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
The Colt 3 x 20  or the 4 x 20 are good choices. They can be had for under $200 and were specificly designed to be mounted on the carry handle. Plus they go on and off without losing zero.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 4:20:02 AM EDT
[#3]
If you are going to spend around $200 on a scope, check out LEUPOLD VX-1 3-9x40.
It would be a tough scope to beat at any price.
Clear crisp optics, lifetime warranty, and made in the U.S.A. Stay away from the Chineese crap scopes. Buy something good and you'll never look back.

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 9:45:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Where can those Colt scopes be had? I've been looking for one as long as I remember, but have never found one for sale.. are they even still in production?
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 10:49:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I have seen several on Ebay and Auction Arms.

(Ebay.com & Auctionarms.com)

BobD
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 12:52:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 7:36:51 AM EDT
[#7]
In MY OPINION, there are really two types of scopes for the AR: 1) Combat style, and 2) Hunting Style. My favorite scope is the Trijicon TA01, which you can find at Kiesler's for the best price (around $600). If this is out of your price range, try a Trilux. American Surplus Company, AMERISURP.NET has used ones for $139-$189 depending on condition. Both mount to the carry handle. My opinion on the hunting style scopes is that they are too long if mounted to the carry handle (fine on a flat-top). The mount is too short and they WILL flex; not the best for accuracy. Hope this helps.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top