Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2002 2:28:25 PM EDT
I am looking at the rock river lowers or the american spirit arms lowers, any information?
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#1]
RRA has the better reputation.   But ASA is local (for Me)and they do have a good gaurantee andstand behind it and are nice folks.  Compare the prices and ask som more!
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 5:38:51 AM EDT
[#2]
RRA seems to be cheaper.  Check with Pete-in-NH on the equipment exchange.  He has some stripped RRA lowers marked "US Property".
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 6:12:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I have both lowers AND

the ASA is PURPLE

the RRA is not

Do you want PURPLE or BLACK that is the question.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 2:26:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I found a dealer in my home state of Georgia that has the rock river lower complete for 209.00, I thought I would give them a call in december and get one, if the rock river had a good rep.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 2:46:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Go with RRA, my RRA LEGP feels like it's made from one piece, the upper and lower fit excellent.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 6:49:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I found a dealer in my home state of Georgia that has the rock river lower complete for 209.00, I thought I would give them a call in december and get one, if the rock river had a good rep.

RRA is good choice.  Georgia Precision is also in Georgia (if thats not who you are refering to) and deals in RRA. Look in the Industry forum for him.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I have owned my American Spirit AR for 5 yrs now. I have an M4 style upper and a fluted bull target upper.

It's a great rifle. Its quality is also great.

The cool guys I used to deal with at ASA (in person in Phoenix)are all gone now. There is apparently a good reason they all left.

I've heard nothing but good things about RRA. Pricing is also good. Take a chance.

I will.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:26:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I have to add a bit to this. I have 2 ASA lowers and 2 Bushy lowers and 1 RRA Lower
my ASAs are excellent lowers as are the bushys but th RRA is a bit of a quandry the outward appearance looks fine but the rear area of the top route where the rear lug of the upper goes is out of spec as the upper will not pivot into position, the upper is NOT the problem it works fine on every other lower I own, the RRA is the only one that exhibits this issue, you ca position everything in place as long as you don't have the pivot pin in place but then you can't get the pivot pin and the takedown pin in place at the same time, as for the purple comments well NONE of the ASA receivers that have passed through my hands are purple and there were a few, also none of the bushmasters I have been in contact with have been purple either the only purple lowers I have encountered were Sendra and an OLY (Different shades and the oly finish was the darkest the finish was slick not flat and nearly black with a slight Bluish purple look) I don't have a pic that captures the look but it was a dead ringer for the finish on those Cobray flare launchers.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top