Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/16/2002 5:04:41 PM EDT
I am looking into replacing a milled gas block with a block that has rail cuts to add a flip-up front sight(rail on the top only).  Do any of the boardmembers have an ideas or manufactures links or dealers.

I remember seeing a combination gas block and flip-up front sight somewhere, do any of you have any information on this as well.

Is removing the gas block that difficult?
I know there are two pins that go into the block, do you just remove them?
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a VERY lightly used one to trade.
email me for some pics if interested.
[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 4:56:10 AM EDT
[#2]
There are two taper pins securing the gas block. Be sure to punch them out from the small end side. Hopefully your 'new' GB will have the same hole pattern (good luck).

I've placed and replaced several standard GBs and have been fortunate in that the hole pattern matched. YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 10:27:11 AM EDT
[#3]
GG&G has a really cool gas block with flip up sight.

http://www.gggaz.com/products/TactModFUP.php
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top